Sprunglinks

Kopfzeile

Willkommen in der Einwohnergemeinde Baar
close

Kontakt

Schalteröffnungszeiten
  • Mo: 08.00 - 11.45 Uhr, 13.30 - 18.00 Uhr
  • Di-Fr: 08.00 - 11.45 Uhr, 13.30 - 17.00 Uhr

Gemeinde Baar
Rathausstrasse 6
6341 Baar

Anfahrtsweg/Map

Inhalt

Leisure and tourism



Town Hall (Rathaus)
The Baar town hall was built in 1674. It is a beautiful historic building in the style of late gothic and early baroque. Today parts of the local authority and the registry office are located in the house. In the historic Rathaussaal (hall) on the second floor weddings take place in a solemn atmosphere.

Church of St. Martin
The catholic church of St. Martin was built around 1450 in gothic style and rebuilt in the 18th century. The church is very famous for the unique roof construction with struts. It has a span width of 34 meters. The roof was constructed by the brilliant carpenter Vit Vamister in 1557, long before this technique was used for bridges and vaults.

Höllgrotten
The caves near the Lorze river and in the catchment area of the Höll river are one of Zug's biggest tourist attractions. They surpass in beauty and diversity all other important caves in Switzerland and even larger grottos elsewhere in Europe. In contrast to the majority of humid cavities in mountains, here the calcareous, constantly dripping water has formed stalactites on the ceiling as well as stalagmites building up from the ground.
For further information: www.hoellgrotten.ch

Lorzentobel und Lorze
The three bridges in the Lorze ravine are the symbol for the junction between mountain and valley communities. They also represent three generations of bridge construction.

The way along the Lorze river from Schmittli (Neuägeri), via Höllgrotten and Baar, to the city of Zug is well-known as a recreation area and offers a good opportunity to bike, hike and inline skate. Along the way several campfires are at your disposal.

Wildenburg castle
A remarkable castle ruin on a place high above the Lorze ravine. From the parking lot at the western brink of the ravine a path leads southwards to the ruin in 15 minutes. The remains of a circle tower, of the Bering (wall) and the Palas (hall) are still visible. The area is open to the public.

Places of interest in the city of Zug you can find on the website of the Zug Tourism Office (www.zug-tourismus.ch).